HND Business, Accounting & Finance – BAF
Pearson BTEC Level 5
HND in Business, Accounting & Finance (BAF)
|Qualification Title||BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Business, Accounting & Finance (BAF)|
|Fee||US $4,500/- (Including Pearson Registration Fee)|
|Payment Options||Both Lump sum and Semester-based Installment Plan|
|Learning Mode||Distance Learning, Online through Cloud Computing|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Awarding Body||Pearson—Edexcel UK|
The uniqueness of this program is that it is the only qualification that gives you the opportunity to get to know about Business, Accounting & Finance and increases your opportunities for better employability. Also, it gives you the clear idea for your future specialization.
In addition to developing a set of key skills valued by employers, the course includes the key business areas of accounting and finance, as well as the operational and planning associated with business decision making. A distinctive feature of the course is that it provides an international focus.
Within this international context, students develop their abilities as business practitioners through a range of work-related learning and assessment opportunities.
Successful students have the opportunity to distinguish themselves in the labour market, by offering potential employers a highly relevant skill set and contemporary knowledge base.
Learners studying for HND—BAF will be expected to develop the following skills during the programme of study:
- Cognitive skills
- Effective problem solving and decision making
- Effective communication
- Numeric and quantitative skills
- Effective use of communication and information technology
- Effective self-management
- developing an appropriate learning style
- Self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity
- Effective performance within a team environment
- Interpersonal skills of effective listening, negotiating, persuading and presentation
- Abilities to conduct research into business and management issues
- Equipping individuals with knowledge, understanding and skills for success in a range of administrative and management positions in business
- Providing specialist routes of study which relate to individual professions within the business world in which learners are working or intend to seek employment
- Enabling progression to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in business or a related area
- Supporting individuals employed or entering employment in the business field
- Developing the individual’s ability in the business field through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the programme
- Developing a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enable learners to make an immediate contribution to employment
- Providing flexibility, knowledge, skills and motivation as a basis for future studies and career development in business.
- Providing education and training for a range of careers in business
- Providing a general qualification which allows flexibility of study
- Providing specialist options which meet the needs of the major functions in business and allow
- Specialisation with career progression and professional recognition in mind
- Development of higher-level skills in a business context
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills and techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- Providing opportunities for learners to gain a nationally recognised vocationally specific qualification to enter employment in business or progress to higher education vocational qualifications such as a full-time degree in business or a related area.
The eligibility criteria for admission in HND program are as follows:
- High School Certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of two (2) Passes including English Language at A level or High School.
- For non-native Students, a score of IELTS 5.0 or equivalent is a must
- Minimum acceptable age at the time of admission is 18 years
Pearson SRF Level 5 HND in Business, Accounting and Finance is a qualification with a minimum of 240 credits. This qualification includes 16 units. All the units offered in this qualification are mandatory.
|Organizations and Behaviour|
|Economics of Business|
|Numerical Techniques for Business|
|Financial Management Techniques|
|Financial Systems and Auditing|
|Costing Techniques for Business Decision Making|
|Financial Performance Management in Organizations|
|Financial Accounting and Reporting|
|Aspects of Contract and Negligence for Business|
|Managing Communications, Knowledge and Information|
The purpose of assessment is to ensure that effective learning of the content of each unit has taken place. Evidence of this learning, or the application of the learning, is required for each unit. The assessment of the evidence relates directly to the assessment criteria for each unit, supported by the generic grade descriptors.
All units will be individually graded as ‘Pass’, ‘Merit’ or ‘Distinction’.
To achieve a pass grade for the unit learners must meet the assessment criteria set out in the specifications. This gives transparency to the assessment process and provides for the establishment of national standards for each qualification. Learners may be assessed in a number of different ways, such as:
- case studies
- written reports
- log books
- production diaries
- role play
- observations of practical tasks or performance
- articles for journals, press releases
- production of visual or audio materials, artefacts
- products and specimens
- peer and self-assessment.
|Registration Fee||USD 500|
|Per Semester Fee||USD 1000|
|No. of Semesters||4|
|Total Semester Fee||USD 4000|
|Total Program Fee||USD 4500|
In case of lump sum payment, a discount of USD 500 in form of Registration Fee waiver may be granted .
Distance / Online Learning / Cloud Computing
NICON is offering Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Programs on Distance Learning basis. The programs are offered through online learning mode. This flexibility has become very much popular choice for people with work or family commitments. This enables the students to learn at their own pace with the flexibility of time, volume of study and location.
You will of course still have access to an extensive support network to ensure that you get the best possible result from your studies. During your Online studies, you will be assigned to a Academic Supervisor / Mentor who will be monitoring as well as guiding you throughout your qualification in order to help you get to grips with the discipline of distance learning.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Another attractive element of NICON’s offered Pearson BTEC Level 5 Programs is that these programs recognize your previous learning and achievements through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
All you have to do is to provide the evidence of your achievement and our assessment team will evaluate it against the assessment requirements of the unit(s) or of a complete qualification. If the evidence provided satisfies the documented requirements, our team will forward your RPL case to the International Standard Verifier for confirmation on success of which, you will get the exemption for the requested unit(s).
Any evidence submitted under these systems must be:
NICON encourages learners for RPL and charge a per unit nominal fee for the RPL case.
Although a Higher National Diploma (HND) is a qualification in its own right, the majority of students use it as a stepping stone onto a degree course…
HNDs are vocational qualifications usually studied full time for two years, which prepare you for careers in specific industries, such as business and computer science.
However, if you want to apply for a graduate scheme or graduate-level job you will usually need to complete a degree and most HND graduates choose to ‘top up’.
Because the HND is a high-level qualification it gives exemption from some professional examinations; but you need to check which ones carefully. For example, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) allows HND holders exemption from some foundation exams.
Before you make a decision:
- check if you can get into your chosen career with an HND at types of jobs;
- work out if you can afford to study for a degree;
- discuss your options with a professional adviser at your careers and employability service.
What are my options for further study?
You can transfer onto the second or third year of a degree course with your HND diploma. Acceptance into the final year is more likely if you have studied a similar subject and have a good academic history. You will probably have to start in the first year if your chosen degree subject differs from your HND.
What are my options for further study?
You can transfer onto the first, second or third year of a degree course with an HND. Acceptance into the final year is more likely if you have studied a similar subject and have a good academic history. You will probably have to start in the first year if your chosen degree subject differs from your HND.
The BTEC HND, along with IGCSE and A level, is widely recognised and understood in the USA and many institutions will grant advanced entry onto a same-subject degree course.
- University of Denver – www.du.edu
- East Carolina University – www.ecu.edu
- Iowa State University – www.iastate.edu
- San Francisco State University – www.sfsu.edu
- The University of Tulsa – www.utulsa.edu
- Johnson & Wales University – www.jwu.edu
- University at Buffalo, The State University of New York – www.buffalo.edu
- West Texas A&M University – www.tamu.edu
- University of Tampa – www.ut.edu
- St Catherine University – www.stkate.edu
- Hawaii Pacific University – www.hpu.edu
Subject to meeting minimum requirements, these universities will accept BTEC HND students onto degree courses.
- Dalhousie University – www.dal.ca
- Mount Saint Vincent University – www.msvu.ca
- Laurentian University – www.laurentian.ca
Edexcel has received confirmation from the following universities in the United Kingdom that they recognise BTEC HNDs gained outside the UK and will welcome applications from students with such qualifications.
- Anglia Ruskin University – www.anglia.ac.uk
- University of Bedfordshire – www.beds.ac.uk
- University College Birmingham – www.ucb.ac.uk
- The University of Bolton – www.bolton.ac.uk
- Bath Spa University – www.bathspa.ac.uk
- Bradford College (University Centre) – www.bradfordcollege.ac.uk
- Bradford University – www.brad.ac.uk
- University of Brighton – www.brighton.ac.uk
- Buckinghamshire New University – www.bucks.ac.uk
- Coventry University – www.coventry.ac.uk
- Canterbury Christ Church University – www.canterbury.ac.uk
- University of Central Lancashire – www.uclan.ac.uk
- University of Derby – www.derby.ac.uk
- De Montfort University – www.dmu.ac.uk
- University of Glamorgan – www.glam.ac.uk
- University of Gloucestershire – www.glos.ac.uk
- University of Greenwich – www.gre.ac.uk
- Guildhall College (UEL) – www.guildhall.ac.uk
- Harper Adams University College – www.harper-adams.ac.uk
- University of Hertfordshire – www.herts.ac.uk
- University of Huddersfield – www.hud.ac.uk
- University of Kent – www.kent.ac.uk
- University of Lincoln – www.lincoln.ac.uk
- Liverpool John Moores University – www.ljmu.ac.uk
- London Metropolitan University – www.londonmet.ac.uk
- London South Bank University – www.lsbu.ac.uk
- Middlesex University – www.mdx.ac.uk
- Manchester Metropolitan University – www.mmu.ac.uk
- University of Northampton – www.northampton.ac.uk
- Nottingham University – www.nottingham.ac.uk
- Oxford Brookes University – www.brookes.ac.uk
- University of Plymouth – www.plymouth.ac.uk
- University of Portsmouth – www.port.ac.uk
- Staffordshire University – www.staffs.ac.uk
- University of Surrey – www.surrey.ac.uk
- Swansea Metropolitan University – www.smu.ac.uk
- Southampton Solent University – www.solent.ac.uk
- St Patrick’s College – www.st.patricks.ac.uk
- University of Teesside – www.tees.ac.uk
- University of Westminster – www.wmin.ac.uk
- University of the West of England, Bristol – www.uwe.ac.uk
- University of Wolverhampton – www.wlv.ac.uk
- University of Worcester – www.worcs.ac.uk
- University of Wales Institute – www.uwic.ac.uk
- University of Wales, Newport – www3.newport.ac.uk
Edexcel has received confirmation from the named universities in Australia that they recognise BTEC HNDs gained outside the UK and will welcome
applications from students with such qualifications.
- Curtain University, Sydney – www.curtain.edu.au
- Edith Cowan University – www.ecu.edu.au
- Murdoch University – www.murdoch.edu.au
- University of New England (NSW) – www.une.edu.au
- Queensland University of Technology – www.international.qut.edu.au
- University of South Australia – www.unisa.edu.au
- University of Technology, Sydney – www.uts.edu.au
- University of Western Australia – www.uwa.edu.au
HND can be your entry pass to your professional career as it is highly recognize and accepted by the employers as one of the best, practical oriented, qualification.
The vocational nature of a HND, job opportunities may present themselves while you carry out work experience. The contacts you make on the course may also prove useful when searching for a job.
It is important to highlight on your CV the many skills you have gained throughout your HND study.
One way to open up graduate-level job opportunities and graduate schemes is to pursue a degree after finishing your HND. Once complete, you will be able to apply for many internships and jobs that would previously have been unavailable.
The top ten professional or managerial jobs held by recent HND graduates include:
- business managers;
- banking officers;
- finance managers;
- tax consultatnts;
- web developers;
- network administrators;
- system analysts etc.;
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]