This course is designed for students and employees who are keen to improve their knowledge of English vocabulary & grammar in general and communicative ability in particular, so that they may be able to communicate in English with confidence. Students successfully completing this course will always find themselves well-equipped in terms of effective communication skills.
Who Should Attend?
Students, Teachers, Professionals or anyone interested in the development of his/her language skills. This course is primarily for those having basic command & limited knowledge of English (the starters).
- Basic Grammar (strong grip on structural and functional grammar).
- Communication skills through group work / pair work . Role-plays, Jig-Saw activities, Discussions, Debates etc.
- Writing Applications, Formal letters, Essays, Stories, Poems, Book reviews and day-to-day accounts.
- Rich Vocabulary, Basic Literature.
- Received Pronunciation.
- Listening skills polished through tape scripts in language labs.
- Presentations at academic level.
- Basic phonetics-introduction to the vowels & consonants.
NICON’s Own Resource Material
NICON’s research & development (R&D) wing has developed customized and focused course material to meet the needs of each specialized course. These Books enhance all four language skills (i.e listening, reading, writing and speaking) and are specifically developed and designed by NICON Group of Colleges to meet all the requirements of language learners.
- Gateway to the English Language (GEL).
- Beginners’ Dimension to the English Language (BDEL).
- Advanced Dimension to The English Language (ADEL).
- Professional Dimension to The English Language (PDEL).
- Simple English Lexicon (SEL).
- Writing in the English Language (WEL).
Why GEL for Spoken English?
GEL book is designed and developed by the British Council trained trainers with special focus on four sections of English Language i.e. Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing. This book reflects creative ideas for students by engaging them in “LEARN ENGLISH WITH FUN” activities for better results.
GEL assists students in enhancing their English Language Skills particularly focusing on “Grammar and Vocabulary” because both play a pivotal role in enhancing all four skill for Spoken English.
Who Should Attend?
Students, Teachers, Professionals & the learners who want to have a sound grip over the language according to the internationals standards and those who want to become
Competent speakers of English language.
- Grammar Learning with Practical Activities.
- Phonetics & phonology.
- Detailed study of Received Pronunciation.
- Command on Simple English Lexicon (SEL).
- Communication skills through Role-plays,Jig-Saw activities, Discussions, Debates, Speeches etc.
- Formal & informal writing structure & strategies intense reading plus pleasure reading activities.
- Mature writing including writing Articles, Comprehension Poems, Book reviews, formal / informal letters etc.
- Listening skills polished through tape scripts in language labs and telephonic conversations.
- Learning about literature & prose etc.
Who Should Attend?
Professionals, salespersons, bankers, Marketers, managers, teachers and office workers.
- Proficient communication skills both at academic and professional level.
- Speaking through Role-plays, Jig-Saw activities, Discussions, Debates, Speeches and presentations.
- CV, Resume writing, Cover and reference letter writing.
- Professional tips for job interviews and exemplary performance at work place.
- Tips for preparing and delivering breath-taking presentations both at academic and professional level and Chairing meetings with expertise.
- Learning the proficient special speech skills for opening ceremonies and seminars.
- Becoming a competent Speaker of English language